I stumbled across this recipe today. Think I just might have to give it a shot!
Almond-Orange-Apricot Crescent Rolls
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 8 rolls
- 1 package store bought crescent roll dough (recommended: Pillsbury brand)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves or all fruit spread
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 egg
- Splash of water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, 2-ounce sack from baking aisle
- Preheat oven to package directions and roll out dough on a nonstick cookie sheet. Cut and separate dough into perforated triangles.
- Combine the apricot jam or fruit spread and the orange marmalade in a small bowl.
- Place bowl in microwave and cook on HIGH 15 seconds to loosen the preserves.
- Beat egg with water to thin it out a little for an egg wash. Use the back of a teaspoon to spread a thin layer of apricot-orange jam across each piece of dough.
- Roll crescents up, brush with a little egg wash and coat with sesame seeds and almonds.
- Bake to package directions until deep golden in color. Serve warm.